Asset Securitisation - Structured Finance Innovations
Speakers: Professor Hans Leenaars (Member of Managing Board BNG and Professor of Accounting, University of Amsterdam), Mike Nawas (Managing Director ABNAMRO), Frank de Vos (partner at Clifford Chance) and Ian Giddy (Professor New York University, Stern School of Management)
Location: ABN AMRO head office in the Auditorium, Gustav Mahlerlaan 10, Amsterdam
Uncertain economic and political conditions have heightened the nature of the challenges faced. Against this backdrop, securisation provides a versatile alternative to conventional financial engineering. Securisation can directly address: Improving return on equity, reducing finding costs and diversifying funding sources, optimizing the asset and liability mix, managing working capital, financing leveraged acquisitions and managing regulatory capital. The rapid growth of European securisation volumes bears testament to the success of such applications.
Accf organizes this conference on securisation in co-production with the Center for Corporate Law at Tilburg University and ABN AMRO N.V.
If you wish to attend, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 20.
* Welcome & registration
Chair: Arnoud Boot, Director of ACCF, Professor of Finance, University of Amsterdam and Joseph McCahery, Professor of Law, Tilburg University
* Opening by Wilco Jiskoot, Member of Managing Board ABNAMRO
* Securisation: Economics and European Perspective by Hans Leenaars
* Innovations and Evolving Markets by Mike Nawas
* Tax and Legal Considerations by Frank Vos
* Roundtable discussion: Supervison and Credit Ratings with Kurt Sampson, William Ross, Ian Giddy and Bas Kragten.
* European ABS: Time for an Appellation contrôlée by Ian Giddy